Add FTP users in cPanel hosting
To give others access to your cPanel hosting, add them as FTP users so they can also upload files or manage your site. You can limit what these users can access, and how much they can upload.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your cPanel hosting account. (Need help opening your account?)
- In the upper-left corner of the account Dashboard, select FTP Manager.
- In the FTP Accounts page, below Add FTP Account, complete the following fields, and then click Create FTP Account:
Field What it means... Log in The first part of your username. The full username includes @[your account's primary domain name]. So if your primary domain is coolexample.com, and you enter ftpuser, then the full username for FTP will be firstname.lastname@example.org. Password The password for this FTP user. Directory The directory this user can access. To give this user access to the entire account, enter nothing but a forward slash (/). Quota Total size of the files (in MB) this user can upload to that directory. Select Unlimited for no limit.
Existing files in a directory count towards the quota.
- Repeat these steps for any other users you want to add. You can have up to 50 FTP users for Economy and Deluxe accounts, and an unlimited number for Ultimate accounts.
- Your new FTP users can upload files with FileZilla.
- Need to find out which plan you have? See What type of hosting account do I have?