Exclude files from Site Backup
If you don't want Site Backups to keep backups of certain things on your account (directories, types of files), you can add them to your Site Backups exclusion list.
- In your My Server control panel, click the Backups tab.
- In the Site Backup area, click Manage.
- If another message displays, click Manage again.
- Click (Edit Schedule).
- In the Exclusions area, enter what you want to exclude from backups using the following syntax:
Element Syntax Example Directory The directory name tmp Individual files The file name db1.sql File types A period entered by the file extension .sql
- Click Save.
- You can remove any backups that contain files or directories you don't want to back up.