IMAP or POP settings
Note: This is not recommended. Using IMAP or POP removes all the added value of having an exchange email server, such as syncing inboxes across devices. Learn how IMAP and POP work, for more information.
First locate your POP, IMAP and SMTP settings, then use them to set up your email client.
- Log into your Microsoft Office 365 portal. (Need help logging in?)
- In the upper right corner, click (Settings).
- Scroll the Settings panel down to Your app settings and click Mail.
- On the left, find Accounts. If it is collapsed, click to expand. Select POP and IMAP.
- Your POP, IMAP and SMTP settings are displayed on the right.
Note: Use IMAP, if you have a choice. IMAP offers better email synchronization across devices and accounts.
- Use these server settings to set up your email client or device, using POP or IMAP.
- What is webmail?
- If your Office 365 account comes with software, see: Download and install Microsoft Office applications