Install the updated SBS GoDaddy DNS service
GoDaddy is offering a new, updated service to maintain your domain name's connection to your Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS). Using this service, whenever your server's IP address changes, your domain name will automatically have its settings changed.
This new service requires you to generate a private key with us, and then use it to install the service on your SBS. After installing the new service, you need to disable the old one.
Generate a private key
- From your SBS, Go to https://developer.godaddy.com/keys.
- In the Production area, click +.
- Enter a Name for the key, and then copy the Key and Secret into a text file.
- Click OK.
Install the updated GoDaddy DNS service
- From your SBS, download the service here.
- Locate the
EXEfile, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
- Complete the installation using your key and secret.
Disable the old service
We recommend disabling the old dynamic DNS service. However, if you don't, your server won't be impacted aside from generating error logs.
We have instructions for some versions of SBS below.
- From your SBS, launch Windows SBS Console.
- Click the Network tab.
- Click the Connectivity tab.
- In the Internet Domain Name area, click your domain name.
- On the right, in the Tasks area, under Domain Name Tasks, click View Internet domain name properties.
- Click Dynamic DNS on the left.
- In the DNS Update Settings area, click Disable automatic DNS updates, and then click OK.
- Open the following registry file:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Server\Domain Manager\ActiveConfiguration
- Change the value of
- Restart WseMgmtSvc or DomianManagerProviderSvc.