Remove FTP users in my cPanel hosting account
You can remove additional FTP user accounts from your cPanel hosting account.
Note: You can't remove Special FTP accounts, like the account for the site owner.
- Log in to your GoDaddy cPanel hosting account. (Need help opening your account?)
- In the upper left corner of the account Dashboard, select FTP Manager.
- In the FTP Accounts section, next to the account you want to delete, click Delete. The confirming message shows the FTP login for that user account and the path to that user's home directory.
- (Optional) Select Delete the User's Home Directory to delete that user's home directory and all files in it.
Warning: If this FTP user's home directory is mapped to the public_html folder, selecting this option deletes the contents of the website.
- Click Delete. The FTP user account (and that user's home directory if you selected it) are deleted.