Troubleshoot and fix theme errors in WordPress
From time to time, a WordPress theme can cause an error or issue with your site. The issues may appear as a fatal, syntax, or sidebar error, a white screen, or a missing style sheet, among others. You have two options when troubleshooting and fixing theme errors on your site:
- Call our support number and one of our experts can do it for you for a fee.
- Do it yourself following the instructions in the tables below.
WordPress Premium Support
Our support experts can perform the following services for you for a fee:
- Diagnose and fix a theme issue.
- Reinstall the active theme.
Do it yourself
To diagnose and troubleshoot a WordPress theme, complete the following:
|Troubleshoot theme errors in WordPress||Medium|
|Enable debug errors in WordPress||Medium|
|Fix theme errors in WordPress||Medium|
|Check cross browser compatibility for WordPress||Medium|
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.
- Errors generated from ./wp-content/themes/xxx
- Site displays white screen with no error
- Site spins
Agent Troubleshooting Steps:
Verify an issue with the theme by one of the two following:
- Check a PHP error. If there is no error, have the customer enable debug mode to see if this gives a more detailed error.
- If this does not display a more detailed error, switch to a default theme to see if this resolves the issue.