Windows Phone: Setting Up Email
We know you're excited to get your email set up on your Microsoft® Windows phone. We should have your email working on your device in about 5 minutes. These steps work for most of our customers, but sometimes you might need to make some additional changes depending on where you live and which ISPs you use.
BEFORE YOU START: To set up a Windows phone with your email, you need to know your POP or IMAP Email Server Settings and ports. To find them, go to the Email Setup Center and write down the information that displays under Email Server Settings.
Note: NOTE: The steps to set up email on your Windows phone might be a little different depending on your make/model and your network provider. However, all the information you need to set up your account (user name, password, server settings) is in these steps. If you don't see a button you're supposed to tap, try scrolling down.
To Set up Email on Your Windows Phone
Note: As a troubleshooting step, you must have enabled SMTP relays for your account. For more information, see See your SMTP relays.
- From the home screen, swipe to the right, tap Settings, tap email & accounts, and then tap add an account.
- Tap advanced setup.
- Enter your email address and password, and then tap Next.
- Tap internet email account.
- Use these settings, depending on the type of email you have:
POP3 Account name Enter a name for the account. Your name Enter your name. Incoming email server pop.secureserver.net Account type POP3 User name Enter your full email address. Password Enter your password. Outgoing (SMTP) email server smtpout.secureserver.net IMAP Account name Enter a name for the account. Your name Enter your name. Incoming email server imap.secureserver.net Account type IMAP User name Enter your full email address. Password Enter your password. Outgoing (SMTP) email server smtpout.secureserver.net
- Make sure Outgoing server requires authentication is selected.
- Make sure Use the same user name and password for sending email is selected.
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Tap to select Require SSL for incoming email.
- Tap to select Require SSL for outgoing email.
- Tap sign in.
That's it. If everything is working OK, you should see some email messages. To make sure you can send messages, go ahead and compose an email and send it to yourself.